We all have different reasons for wanting to study abroad in Singapore. Maybe you’re looking for a new and exciting experience, or you want to take your skills to the next level. Whatever your reasons, studying abroad in Singapore can be a real bonus for your career. If you’re interested, here’s why you should consider studying in Singapore.
The Singapore System of Education
Singapore’s system has over the years been ranked as one of the highest in the world. It is well believed that the style of teaching in Singapore contributes solely to this fact. The teacher’s main focus is making sure that students rigorously move through the syllabus before going on. By doing this, the teachers teach a much more narrow but deeper kind of instruction.
Schools in Singapore are divided into different sections which include;
- Primary Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Junior Colleges and Centralised Institutes
- Institute of Technical Education
- Art Institutions and Upcoming Universities
Education allocates about 20 percent of the annual national budget in Singapore. Singaporean citizens enjoy subsidized rates for state education and government-assisted private education. It is usually higher for non-citizens.
The Schools/Courses You Can Study In Singapore
Singapore is a financial hub and also one of the most globalized economies in the world. I’ll give a few courses you can study in Singapore.
- Data Science
- Software Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Biomedical Engineering
- Construction Project Management
- Business and Finance
- Various types of Engineering such as Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and a whole lot of other courses.
Whilst these are courses you can study in Singapore, I’ll provide you with a list of some universities in Singapore you can study in. So follow on as you continue this interesting read.
Universities or schools you can study in Singapore include;
- National University of Singapore
- PSB Academy
- Singapore Management University
- Nanyang Technological University
- London School of Business and Finance
- Singapore Institute of Management
- James Cook University
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Management Development Institute of Singapore
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- SP Jain School of Global Management
Opportunities Available In Singapore
Singapore is one of the world’s top economies have in-demand jobs in various sectors of the economy. Sectors like technology, healthcare, marketing, construction, and also various research sectors.
Well moving on, opportunities available in Singapore include;
- Digital Marketer
- Data Scientist
- Full Stack Engineer
- AI Specialist
- Robotics Engineer
- Backend Developer
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Clinical Specialist
- Sales Executive
- Human Resources Professional
- UX/UI Professional