IELTS is a required test for many universities and colleges in Europe. However, there are ways to study in Europe without IELTS. In this article, we’ll show you how you can study in Europe without IELTS. We will explore how studying without IELTS is possible in some cases.
Europe is home to some of the world’s most frequently visited countries, for what ever you want you will find in Europe from Health-care to food to world renowned monuments, to art and yes to education.
So yes you can study in Europe without the need of presenting and IELTS test. Some countries that offer admission to international students without the need to present an IELTS test includes;
- Czech Republic
- Denmark amongst a few others
But you’ll need to carefully research and go through the university in whatever European country you’d like to study, their eligibility criteria for you to be eligible for admission.
Now if you don’t want to present an IELTS test, you can substitute that for an English language proficiency test.
So let’s find out how you can go on about this.
Provide Proof of English Proficiency
Proof of English Proficiency is just a confirmation that you have or possess enough English language skills to thrive at an English-speaking school or English-taught program and have authentication beyond just saying you can speak English.
There are ways you can provide proof of English Proficiency. Some of these ways are;
- English language certificate – This proof of proficiency is required by most universities, it is often a standardized it is gotten from an acceptable institutional body, e.g IELTS, TOEFL
- Proof of Participation – This is gotten at a language course(most especially where the mode of medium of study is English language) that you attended and completed, by providing probably a transcript of results.
- Proof of Having Completed University Studies in English Language – Most Universities will be able to provide you a letter of Confirmation.
The contents of these letters would show your date of enrollment, your program of study and the medium of language of learning.
- Participation in Some Number of Language Classes – You can provide a proof of English proficiency through your English results in high school.
Let’s take for example, if you’ve taken the English Language in your Cambridge A levels, GCSE, or IGCSE, you maybe exempted from English Language requirements as it can stand in as proof of proficiency in English.
To be convincing enough you’ll need to have attained high scores.
Most universities across Europe would require you get a very high score in English language and when i say high score well I’m talking about nothing less than a B.
- Choose The Right University
You can study in different universities in Europe without the need to present an IELTS test, you’ll have to look up the university you want to apply to, and the requirements that’ll make you eligible for admission.
Carefully and thoroughly go through the universities you picked and choose which university will be the best for you academic-wise and career-wise also.
Take the courageous step and apply for the university you have chosen.
Some European universities also give admission to foreign students without them presenting IELTS, whereby they set up an English program for a period of time which will help students to strengthen their knowledge of English language.
Also some universities conduct their own proficiency test in which students can take this test in their home country or you can travel in person to the university and take the test.
We have to also keep in mind that since the choice of university plays a major role in whether you’ll be given admission without an IELTS test, the choice of study also plays a major role in that. So while some universities will mandate you take an IELTS exam, other won’t require you take one.
Check out courses that won’t require you take an IELTS exam and if it’s your choice of study you are good to go.
Also check out the embassy of any European destination that you have in mind and contact them to see if you can process further without an IELTS exam.
- Choose The Right Program
European universities award degrees ranging from Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and Ph.D degree.
Various major programs can be studied in Europe.
European universities are among the top ranked universities in the world, so rest assured you’ll stand-out when you get a degree and be invaluable to the ever demanding global market.
Courses offered in European universities include;
- Accounting and Finance
As an international student applying to universities in the Europe i would advise you conduct a thorough on your own research before you start application process.
Some Universities You Can Study In Europe Without Presenting IELTS
Below is a list of universities you can apply to study in Europe that won’t require you taking an IELTS test;
- Univerisity of Siegen Germany
- University of Koblenz and Landau-Esslingen Germany
- American Business School France
- EBS Paris France
- University of Bologna Italy
- Polytechnic University of Milan Italy
- Medical University of Gdansk Poland
- Medical University of Warsaw Poland
- Ghent University Belgium
- Uppsala University Sweden
- University of Oslo Norway
- University of Bergen Norway
- The University of Cyprus Cyprus
- Eastern Mediterranean University Cyprus
- Maynooth University Ireland
- National University of Ireland Galway
- University of Amsterdam Netherlands
UK Universities You Can Study Without Presenting IELTS
- Swansea University
- University of Plymouth
- University of Bolton
- The University of Essex
- The University of Greenwich
- Birmingham City University
- University of Warwick
- Bangor University
- Brunel University
- University of Geneva
- University of Central Lancashire
- Portsmouth University
- London South Bank University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Bristol
German Universities You Can Study In Without Presenting IELTS
- University of Freiburg
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Kiel
- University of Kassel
- Braunschweig University of Technology
- University of Hildesheim
- Flensburg University of Applied Sciences
- University of Giessen
- University of Siegen